It has been reported recently that some criminal organizations abroad have selected Vietnam as a place to perform legal acts. The act of using internet network and high- tech system to steal money in a credit card and spend in Vietnam are getting more common. Unauthorized intrusion into the database of key economic sectors such as postal , telecommunications, banking, and websites to steal information, domain name, card card to make online purchase or usage of fake ATM cards to withdraw cash from ATM machines in Vietnam are violation of Vietnam Criminal Code.
Currently , under the provisions of the Vietnam Criminal Code, there are three laws governing the violations in the field of high-tech crime. Article 224: create and spread virus information; Article 225: breach regulations on operation, and usage of electronic computers; Article 226: unauthorized use of information online and in computers. As the high-tech crime has no borders and get more sofisticated, the law experts are calling for a stricter sanctions to deter and prevent it from speading.
Vietnam has recently issued a new law that put a stricter control on foreigners working in Vietnam. With the changes being implemented from early November of 2013, the process to apply for Work permit in Vietnamwill take longer and would cost extra fees. The work permit for foreigners in Vietnam will now require the approval from head of People’s Committee and that once it is issued, it will only be good for two years as max in compared with three years as regulated earlier. ANT Lawyers’ employment and labour lawyers in Vietnam keep track of the changes in the employment and labour law in Vietnam and assist our client to cope with changes. The Government has issued Decree 102/2013/ND-CP elaborating some articles of the new Vienam Labour Code 2012 on foreign workers in Vietnam. Accordingly, the employer applying for work permits of foreign employees must comply with the following procedure: step 1) make a report stating clearly the demand of employee in their companies, then send to the President of People’s Committee in order to apply for the permission of foreign worker employment; step 2) prepare documents and submit for work permits at Department of Labor and Social Welfare before 15 days at least of the date employees start work. The work permits shall be valid with maximum term of 2 years.
The new Decree also allows four group of others to work in Vietnam, including: i) Volunteers who work voluntarily without salary or wage; ii) The persons who are responsible to establish the commerce presences in Vietnam; iii) Managers, CEOs, specialists, technical workers who are trained in technology major at least 1 year and used to work at least 3 years in trained major; iv) The persons who are engaging in bidding projects and other projects in Vietnam.
Decree 102/20113/ND-CP takes effect on November 1st 2013 and replaces Decree 34/2008/ND-CP. If you need to apply for the work permits or relevant issues, we could assist. ANT Lawyers, your lawyers in Vietnam
If a foreigner have have been sponsored work permit in Vietnam to work or he/she decide toset up a company in Vietnam, he/she could be grantedtemporary residence card instead of applying and re-newing business or travel visas every three months. We detail here some procedures which help foreigners to prepare for before applying for temporary residence card.
I. Subjects to be granted temporary residence card:
• Members of foreign representative agencies and their accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 years old).
• Foreigners who work with the Institute of the Supreme People’s Procuracy, the Supreme People’s Court, the ministries, ministerial-level agencies, agencies attached to the Government and People’s Committees of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government and the Central offices of mass organizations, mass organizations.
• Foreigners who work in projects already approved by competent state agencies licensed in Vietnam.
• Foreigners who work with businesses in Vietnam has the work permit valued more than 01 year.
• Persons on the payroll of foreign representative offices and branches of economic organization, culture and other professional organizations of foreign non-governmental organizations based in Vietnam.
• Foreigners staying in Vietnam for other purposes.
II. Conditions for implementation
+ Time to stay in Vietnam more than 01 year;
+ Valid passport more than 01 year;
III. The composition, the number of records:
1) The composition profile, including:
• A written request of agencies, organizations and individuals offering, guarantee and propose for temporary residence card;
• 01 declaration of information of foreigners who apply for temporary residence, with photos and sealed by the agency or organization: A written request for temporary residence card (Form N7A); a declaration about Foreigners applying for temporary resident card (Form N7B)
• 02 3 x4 cm size photographs;
• 01 copies of passport, valid visa, immigration cards (bring original for comparison);
• 01 copies or photo (bring the original for comparison) proof of purpose to stay in Vietnam.
As the case may file appropriate documents: investment licenses, permits the establishment of enterprises,work permit in Vietnam, certificate of board members and permits the establishment of representative offices, marriage/birth registration.
2) The number of records: 01 (one).
IV. Implementing agencies administrative procedures:
Immigration management Department, Police provinces and cities directly under the Central Government.
V. Implementation time: 05 to 07 days;
VI. Subjects performed: by organizations and individuals;
Please contact us for inquiries through email email@example.com or call our partners directly at + 84 912 817 823. ANT Lawyers, your lawyers in Vietnam.